Sunday 8 November 2015

HOMEMADE SHEA BUTTER HAND CREAM

        


This homemade shea butter hand cream is amazing! It has the super-moisturizing power of pure raw shea butter. I also added coconut oil and infused it with ylang ylang and lavender essential oils. The scent is light and pleasant. I personally do not like heavily scented products – especially synthetic ones – instant headache from that over here. This is all-natural in every way and the perfect addition to your beauty regimen. I made this to go along with my Pink Himalayan Salt Scrub and it’s made my summer skin glow!
I am so happy to be experimenting with making my homemade beauty products. It’s something I always wanted to do, but I was a bit intimidated by it. I thought it would be too difficult – which it isn’t at all – and I thought it would be too expensive – which it also isn’t. I’m actually saving money! If you could see how big a smile I have on my face you would be smiling too! Once you start making your own homemade beauty products, I promise you will feel exactly the way I feel right now!
HOMEMADE SHEA BUTTER HAND CREAM
This luxurious hand cream combines the healing powers of pure raw shea butter and coconut oil. It is infused with ylang ylang and lavender essential oils to sooth, relax and uplift your spirit.
INGREDIENTS
  • 4 oz pure raw shea butter
  • 1 tbsp fractionated coconut oil
  • 1 tsp arrowroot powder
  • 20 drops ylang ylang essential oil
  • 10 drops lavender essential oil


INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Gently melt the shea butter over the stove using a double boiler. If you don't have one, just fill a saucepan with a couple inches of water, then fit an oven-safe bowl over the top.
  2. Remove from heat and stir the coconut oil into the shea butter.
  3. Place the mixture in the fridge to cool for 30 minutes, or until half-way solidified again.
  4. With a hand-mixer, beat the shea butter until light and fluffy. Mix in arrowroot powder and essential oils and blend until nice and creamy. Place in a 4 oz glass jar with lid. Use as often as needed.     
http://purethyme.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment